Friday, March 1, 2013

I bought some books the other day…

2013-02-02 14.54.24

I forgot to post this picture. The other day I was out running errands with mom and we stopped by Dollar General and the Dollar Tree. I guess I went a little crazy, but with discount books, you can’t take a chance; when they’re done, they are gone.

Most of the books are just random grabs that looked interesting. I thought I’d go ahead and grab that copy of the Two Towers, because my copies of the Lord of Rings belong to my dad, and they are old. The cover has already fallen off of the Hobbit, and it’s never been read until now. So I thought having a back up would be a good idea. I already the first book in the Fisherman’s Children series, and the Reluctant Mage is book two, and for a dollar I just couldn’t pass it up. I also have a thing for mages, anyone who knows me could tell you that, so I had to have it. I also remember putting the Red Necklace on my to-read shelf a long time ago, and now I finally have a copy.

 

In addition to the pretty picture of my awesome deals, the post comes with a general update. I know I said I would be trying to read and update this blog more, and so far, I’ve only done a little. I am going to try again to change up my schedule and read during the week. I am going to clean this place so it will be nice and shiny, for my next big review. The great folks at Quirk have offered me a book to review, and, being me, I screamed yes as soon as I read the e-mail. It sounds like a really cool book, and I can’t wait to share my thoughts with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment