Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tea Review: Celestial Seasonings Safari Spice

2013-02-18 15.26.44

I am one of those people who believe that nothing goes better with a book than tea.  So I decided that a tea review would be right at home here among the books reviews. We are big tea drinkers in this house, and the other day I tried something new. I like red and rooibos tea, and I like spicy teas, like Chai. (I’ll drink almost any chai.)

This tea had been sitting in the cupboard for a while when I found it, and when I was looking at the ingredients list, I saw something that gave me pause: sweet piquante peppers. Hmmm…..

I was wrong actually. It turned out to be quite good, and the peppers do not give it the flavor I would have thought. There is an underlying sweetness to the tea, and it certainly has a unique flavor I can’t really describe. I do recommend it for lovers of tea, especially spicy ones like Chai. (Almost all the spices in Chai are also in this tea.) Don’t let the peppers scare you like they did me! It’s probably not what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment