Monday, March 11, 2013

A bunch of updates in one post!

As it’s Monday, that means it’s time for update the eager masses on what I’ve been up to over the weekend. I played Guild Wars 2 far more than was good for me, and I got very little writing or reading done. But that’s what weekends are for, right?

I’m actually a bit behind on the updates regarding my starting and finishing and buying of books, so here is all it to catch you up.

2013-03-11 20.28.12

We took my grandma to a new Dollar General that opened up nearby, and I found three books that I just couldn’t resist. That’s them in the top row. As for the second row, February 28th was my birthday, and I got two books as gifts. On the left is a book a friend got me, knowing how much I love Steampunk. The one on the right is from my parents, which I actually picked myself from Dollar Tree.2013-03-11 22.05.17

(The Cover fell off. It’s not my fault, I swear.)

I finished the Hobbit. I am unhappy. Watching the last film is going to kill me. [Of course I’m not going to spoil it, although it was actually spoiled for me, even though the book has been out for decades.] [And thanks to my friends for not confirming the spoiler, and letting me live in hope. It hurt less.]

So with the Hobbit complete, I needed to choose a new book to start. I didn’t feel like jumping straight into Fellowship of the ring, which has a little bit to do with that fact that my copy is OLD and it smells kind of weird. There was a particular book I had in mind, so I just went with it.

2013-03-11 22.04.58

You might recognize it from that photo above. Banewreaker by Jaqueline Carey. Have you ever looked a book and just known that you had to read it? It’s kind of like that for me and this book. the cover is gorgeous, and I can’t wait to find out which scene in the book it depicts. I read the prologue before I went to sleep that night, and my thoughts on that will come in my next post [I don’t want to put everything in the same post, after all].

In the meantime, I should wrap up this post because I should really do some editing, and then I’ll get snuggle under my blankets with Banwreaker, so I’ll have even more to tell you about!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment