Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Banewreaker by Jaqueline Carey–Chapter One

In this chapter we are introduced to the people who, I assume, are going to be the major players in the story: Tanaros, Cerelinde, Aracus, and Lilias, who just might be my favorite. I won’t go into details about all of them, but they’re quite an interesting little group.

I am already loving the characters. They feel very real, and I can’t wait to get to know them better and watch their adventures. So far I know a bit more about Tanaros than anyone. His backstory is revealed to us more gradually, giving it more weight to the story. Lilias’s backstory is given in a more straight forward manner, which I like because it means we aren’t given any superfluous information so early in the book.

Anyway, that’s enough about chapter one. I’ll see if I can read at least one more chapter tonight.

(P.S. – These updates will be getting shorter as I get further into the book. As always, they will remain spoiler free, so don’t worry! And yes, I will be doing a comprehensive final review when I finish the book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment