Sunday, July 31, 2011

Circle of Fire, by Michelle Zink

Photobucket

 

Summary from goodreads.com – With time dwindling but her will to end the Prophecy stronger than ever, Lia sets out on a journey to find the remaining keys, locate the missing pages of the Prophecy, and convince her sister Alice to help--or risk her life trying. Lia has her beloved Dimitri by her side, but Alice has James, the man who once loved her sister--and maybe still does. James doesn't know the truth about either sister, or the prophecy that divides them. And Alice intends to keep it that way.
There are some secrets sisters aren't meant to share. Because when they do, it destroys them.

Rhia’s Review –Last night I stayed up until 2 in the morning finishing Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink, the third book in the Prophecy of the Sisters series. Reading this book was kind of bittersweet, because it is the last book in the series. It is certainly a very good finish, though! A few things didn't turn out quite the way I thought they would, but they were minor details, anyway.

This book was very well written, although there a few times when I felt as though Lia was acting a little childish. She was a bit angsty and angry at times, which got me a little irritated at her, but it worked well inside the story.

I couldn't help but notice a parallel or two to the final Harry Potter book, which may simply be because I have it on my mind. I doubt these parallels were on purpose, but they worked to the same meaningful affect.

I am very thrilled to have read to this series, and sorry to see it go. I'm just happy to see it end perfectly, if some things were left to be a little mysterious. This series will always have a home on my favorites list, and also my heart. Michelle Zink will also hold a place as one my most favorite authors! I can't wait to see more by her.

The Recommendation –I would recommend this series to all fans of fantasy, strong heroines, and a good story. I can't help but think fans of the Gemma Doyle Trilogy would also appreciate this one very well.

The Other Books –While Circle of Fire is the final book in this trilogy, I know that a Temptation of Angels, Michelle's next book, will be here before we know it. I'm already looking forward to it!

The Vitals* – Circle of Fire is currently available in hardcover at a list price of $17.99.

The LinksMichelle Zink's Official Website

*=All prices are from the cover of the book itself and are subject to change without notice, and without this page reflecting those changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment