Sunday, October 4, 2009

October Feature – The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor!

 

My monthly feature, revealed the first weekend of every month, is something, be it author, series, book, whatever, that I think deserves your attention!

October’s Feature is the Looking Glass Wars Trilogy by Frank Beddor!

Inspired by a deck of cards, the Looking Glass Wars tells the ‘true’ story of Alyss Heart of Wonderland, where Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll / Charles Dodgson is the author’s misinterpretation of the Princess’s tragic tale.

I’m a big fan of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (And What Alice Found There), and I’m also a big fan of spin-offs, parodies and derivations. When mom heard about this book, she made sure to tell me and we picked up a copy, and I was an instant fan. The third and final book comes out this month, so I thought this was the perfect occasion for it to be my first feature!

I’ll be posting about reviews and all information LGW related through the month, so stay tuned!

2 comments: