Friday, October 16, 2009

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush

 

Nora Grey hates her new biology partner, Patch. Yet, in typical teenage fashion, the more she gets to know him, the more she is drawn to him, even though she tries to tell herself she still hates him. But there is more to Patch than meets the eye.

Hush, Hush was a really awesome book. There isn’t a lot of YA fiction about the fallen or other angels, which is something I’m really into. So, I was pretty excited about this book. It kind of took a while for the really exciting stuff to happen, but there was enough suspense to keep up a good pace. Even though ‘romance’ is one of the first words in the description, I think the level of romance in the story was kept at a perfect level. There was enough spice to soothe the romance begging beast in all of us, without it becoming nauseating or graphic.

The characters are developed nicely, and so is the plot. There was even a twist at the end that I didn’t see coming. (And lately YA books have disappointed me in that area. It takes the main characters most of the book to figure out the most obvious of things.)  And the lack of cussing and sex-crazed main female protagonists was really very refreshing, and I definitely commend Fitzpatrick on that. A marvelous debut that’s finally something pretty different from the rest of the books on the YA shelf.

Don’t forget that Becca Fitzpatrick is chatting on Book Divas until the 21st!

The Recommendation – I’d recommend Hush, Hush to pretty much anyone! It’s really a fantastic read and deserves your attention!

The Other Books – Crescendo, the sequel to Hush, Hush will be out in about a year. And I’m really interested, so I’ll do my best to grab a copy when it comes out. Really worth my limited book money.

The Vitals – Hush, Hush is available in hardback for about $17.99 from Simon and Schuster.

The Links - Becca Fitzpatrick's Official Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment