Thursday, September 9, 2010

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Photobucket 

Summary from borders.com -

Recently orphaned, 16-year-old Lia Milthorpe discovers she and her twin sister Alice are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does.

Rhia’s Review – I loved this book! It was already high up on my list of books to read, but once I realized it was historical (I didn’t know for a while) I knew I HAD to have it. After I heard about the re-jacket of the paperback and the sequel, I knew I wanted the original cover more. One day while browsing at Borders, there it was, in all it’s glory – the only copy in sight of the original cover art hardback! I snatched it up. Glad I did.

But I digress! You came here for a review, not the story of how I came to buy it! I really enjoyed reading this book! I love the characters, getting to know them all and watching them discover their place in the prophecy. I loved the storyline, as well. In a market that’s dominated by vampires, werewolves, fairies and the like, it’s nice to have a just a good ol’ fantasy to read. And since I really like Lia and James as people, I enjoyed all the romantic bits as well. All of the elements of this book tied together very well to make this a great read not to be missed!

The Recommendation -  Any fan of fantasy and/or YA will definitely enjoy this book! I also recommend it for fans of Libba Bray’s Gemma Doyle trilogy.

The Other Books – Guardian of the Gate came out this August. I’ve already got my copy and am somewhere in the middle. The way things are going, I’ll definitely be picking up a copy of the third book when it comes out!

The Vitals* – Prophecy of the Sisters is available in paperback for $8.99, and I think you can still find the hardcover with original art floating around for about $17.99 online. (I know borders.com has it.)

The Links - Michelle Zink's Official Website Prophecy of the Sisters Official Website

*=All prices are from Borders.com and are subject to change without notice, and without this page reflecting those changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment