Sunday, September 5, 2010

Decatur Book Festival – Mini Wrap up

 

Just got home from the Decatur Book Festival! Here’s a quick little wrap up of how things went!

Saturday:

I got to meet Carole Marsh! I bought a one of her new books and she signed it for me! I met Jessica Verday(She regocnized my name from facebook!), Cinda Williams Chima, Kethleen Duey, Saundra mitchell (At the ‘Method in the Magic’ panel) and Carrie ryan and Alyxandra Harvey (At ‘Vampires vs. Zombies’ panel)! While I really only went to see Jessica and Carrie, I thought the others were so cool, and I got better insight into their books, so daddy bought me copies of one book for each author, and I got them all signed! I also got a little swag from most of them! They’re all very nice, and I’m so glad I got to meet them.

Sunday:

I saw Cassandra Clare’s presentation, got to ask a question, picked up my copy of Clockwork Angel, and got ALL OF MY BOOKS by her signed, along with a poster, and I picked up some bookmarks and a teaser from her story in ‘Zombies vs. Unicorns’. And i got a picture with her!

Then I went to panel called ‘Sibling rivalry of the Best and Worst Kind’ to see Jackson Pearce, Michelle Zink, and robin Benway. It was a fun panel! Jessic Verday was there, she sat right in front of me, and she recognized me from yesterday! (Squee!)

then I met Michelle Zink and got my books signed! She knew me from the internet and it was AWESOME! She gave me big hugs and I got some bookmarks, and an exclusive soundtrack for her books! (I got the last one on the table!)

So I had a very exciting weekend! It was just too awesome! Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get around to uploading all my photos and video, and post a more thorough wrap up! Right now, I’m off to read, but I bet you could have guessed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment